Cheap tickets to Stockholm: From $1,080 flying Thai Airways return through STA Travel. This deal expires midnight 4 July 2017.
One stop Flights (via Bangkok with layover times of 1-6 hours) –
- Sydney – 105
- Melbourne – $1,080
- Perth – $1,141
These cheap tickets are available for travel until 20 April 2018 with blackout periods – 15-25 September, 1 December – 15 January 2018.
For the best and most affordable coverage head over to Fastcover. For an example trip to New York based on a mid-age couple (age 30-40) a comprehensive quote comes out at $259. For more click on the banner below.
Frequent Flyer Synopsis
Thai Airways is a member of the Star Alliance and its frequent flyer program is called Royal Orchid Plus (ROP). It’s free to join and you can find more information here.
The above Economy fare travels in “W” class and accrues 25% of the mileage flown. For a Sydney-Stockholm (via Bangkok) round trip, this potentially earns 4,923 points. The minimum amount required for a redemption is 9,000 points for a one-way flight within Thailand.
The Destination Itself
Nicknamed the “Venice of the North”, Stockholm has no less than three distinct UNESCO World Heritage sites. In addition there are world-class museums, theaters, galleries, and the Nobel Institute to keep you preoccupied. 5 must see attractions are –
- Gamla Stan (Old Town) – Area of Stockholm dating from the 1200’s and crammed with must-see sights, attractions, cafés, authentic restaurants and boutique shops.
- The Royal Palace – The official residence of the King of Sweden is one of the largest in Europe boasting in excess of 600 rooms and no less than five museums.
- Vasa Museum – The battleship ‘Vasa” was intended to be the pride of the Swedish Imperial fleet, but like the ill-fated Titanic , sank on its maiden voyage in 1628. 95% of it now resides at this museum.
- Djurgarden – A tranquil oasis in the heart of the city drawing tourists and locals alike, particularly during the summer months of long lazy days and short nights.
- City Hall – One of Stockholm’s iconic buildings and stars in countless images and postcards of the city.